Yumanity Therapeutics is transforming drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases caused by protein misfolding. We are passionate in our commitment to bring innovation to an area of critical global medical need and create a positive impact on the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Yumanity Therapeutics, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yumanity Therapeutics is transforming drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases caused by protein misfolding. Despite the fact that an estimated 50 million people worldwide suffer from diseases affecting the brain and central nervous system, there are no approved disease-modifying therapies or cures. Yumanity is working to identify and develop new, disease-modifying therapies that address illnesses such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The company’s approach concentrates on correcting the cellular pathologies driven by misfolded proteins, the altered biology or phenotypes driving these diseases.
Yumanity is seeking a creative, talented and versatile Ph.D scientist to join our interdisciplinary team to help advance our novel drug discovery programs. This position will be laboratory based, and requires strong experimental skills in induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSc)-derived neuron differentiation and assay development. The position will report to Director of Discovery Biology and will collaborate across all of Yumanity’s core platforms, including yeast phenotypic screening, target identification and chemistry.
- Developing neurodegenerative disease models in human iPSc-derived neurons.
- Developing assays to validate the activity and target of the compounds derived from yeast high-throughput screening.
- Interacting and collaborating with yeast screening, target ID and medicinal chemistry teams to validate compound and target activities in mammalian cells.
Experience and skills required:
- Education: Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, cell biology, biochemistry, or relevant field with 2+ year of postdoctoral experience.
- Highly desirable to have experience in iPSc neuronal differentiation and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Strong skills in developing assays to measure cellular responses to pathologic processes using high content imaging platforms
- Highly versatile and team-based mindset.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills are essential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.