Yumanity Therapeutics is transforming drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases caused by protein misfolding. We are passionate in our commitment to bring innovation to an area of critical global medical need and create a positive impact on the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Yumanity Therapeutics, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com.
Yumanity is seeking an associate scientist to join our interdisciplinary team to help advance our novel drug discovery programs. This position will be laboratory based, requires experience in assay development using primary and/or stem cell cultures and imaging experience. This position will report to the Director of Discovery Biology and will collaborate across Yumanity’s core platforms, including yeast phenotypic screening, target identification and chemistry.
- Maintain primary cell cultures and/or stem cells of central nervous system-derived cells.
- Support characterization and assay development of neurodegenerative-disease models in central nervous system cells.
- Assist in developing assays to validate the activity and targets of compounds retrieved from yeast screenings
- Develop, perform and analyze assays, including, but not limited to, ELISA, qRT-PCR, transfection/transduction and high content imaging.
- Work independently to generate, process and present high-quality data to the Mammalian team.
- Interact and collaborate with yeast screening, target ID and medicinal chemistry teams to validate compound and target activities in mammalian cells.
Experience and skills required:
- B.S. or M.S. with a degree in biology or a related field with 2-5+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Proficiency in basic lab techniques and principles of cell and molecular biology required.
- Experience in assay development techniques using primary, CNS-derived cell cultures (astrocytes, neurons etc.) is essential.
- Microscopy experience in high content Imaging is desirable.
- Familiarity with stem cell culture techniques is highly desirable.
- Well-organized, detail-orientated with meticulous data recording.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and adapt to changing project priorities.